ITC and Study From Home graduates getting hired all over AotearoaPosted on 22/11/2022 by Hayley Clark
At ITC and Study from Home, we teach students all about the travel and tourism industry, all with the intent of helping students gain jobs and careers.
But what happens next?
We often interview students for blogs who have been hired in fantastic positions, but that only gives you a look at the occasional graduate. When in fact, many, many, MANY of our graduates are walking out the door at ITC and getting hired practically immediately.
Travel and tourism hiring frenzy
Right now, travel and tourism providers all over New Zealand and the world are pouncing on anyone with qualifications looking for work.
We are constantly hearing from those in the industry about the shortage of workers, and reading about it on the news as well.
In this article about Rachel Rose, HR and recruitment manager for Southern Discoveries, she said: “We’ve been basically recruiting non-stop, constantly, at a steady, steady pace for four months now.”
We’re also hearing from past students about how quickly they are moving up the ranks. One student, Sinead McDonnell, only just finished her ITC Diploma this year. Yet in that time, she gained employment at a Sudima Hotel, was promoted to Food and Beverage supervisor, and has been promoted again to Front Office Duty Manager.
Roles recently filled by ITC and Study From Home students
So many of our students have been getting work recently, that it’s hard to keep up! Here are just some of the amazing roles that our graduates have filled over the past couple of months:
- AJ Hackett bungy crew
- Air New Zealand cabin crew (four students!)
- Qantas/Jet connect cabin crew (two students)
- Disneyworld Florida internship (Four students)
- House of Travel travel consultant
- Flight Centre travel consultant
- The Broadmoor Resort (USA) horse wrangler and guide and reception (2 students)
- Orbit travel groups and events consultant
- Le Meridien Noumea Resort & Spa reservations agent
- Camp America camp counsellor
- Grand Millennium Hotel reservation supervisor
- Haka Tours tour consultant (two students)
- Go Holidays Wholesale Consultant and Cruise Consultant
- First Light Travel – Travel Designers (four students)
- Menzies Aviation – Passenger ambassadors (SIX students)
- Menzies Aviation – Front of house check in agents (four students)
- And many, many more…
We are so proud to see so many of our students gain employment in such amazing travel and tourism businesses all over New Zealand and the world.
Graduate jobs available right now
On top of all the roles our graduates have already filled, we also keep track of some of the best roles available in the industry right now. If you are an ITC or Study From Home graduate (like you could be in 2023!), these are the kinds of positions we’ll be telling you about and helping you to apply for!
- Hobbiton – Movie set tour guide
- Air Chathams – check-in crew
- Air New Zealand – Customer service agent
- Auckland Museum – Front office and guest services
- Rotorua Zipline – Zipline guide
- Punting on Avon – Punter
- Te Papa – Host
- Velocity Valley – Ride operator
- Jucy Rentals – Customer experience consultant
- Sounds Air – Ground crew
- Distinction Hotel – Guest services agent
- Hotel Britomart – Porter/valet
- Menzies Aviation – Airline customer service agent
- Swissport – Airline customer service agent
We are hearing about so many roles that at this point, we are only selecting and sharing the best with our graduates.
If you have ever thought about working in travel and tourism, there has truly never been such a great time to get qualified and enjoy your pick of some fantastic jobs. Explore our available courses here, or get in touch to learn more about how you can enrol and get started on the career of your dreams.
Campus Study – email@example.com 0800 TOURISM (0800 868747) or https://www.itc.co.nz/contact-us/Posted in News, Student success | Tagged Current roles available, Graduate success, Staff shortages | Leave a reply