Disney Cultural Exchange Program*
Disney offers many opportunities for students to gain experience in the hospitality, tourism and business industries. Participants on the Disney Cultural Exchange Program will live, learn and earn at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando in Florida, USA.
Participants will work in a variety of roles such as operations, hospitality, merchandise, quick service food and beverage and lifeguards.
The International Travel College is thrilled to be able to help our students gain such valuable work and life experience.
“It truly is a very special experience and something that we know will help our students see what the world really has to offer,” said Ceri Jenkins, Project Manager for ITC.
*Due to Covid 19 some of the destinations may not be available at the time of application due to visa entry restrictions.
About life at Disney
This is truly an international experience where students and young adults live in a multicultural community. The participants live on-site at a Disney World resort. Their accommodation includes swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and other common areas.
Life at Disney is never dull. There is an event planning team that is dedicated to keeping program participants entertained during their free time with activities like sport competitions, dance parties with famous Disney characters and volunteering in the local community.
In addition, as a Disney cast member, participants may be able to take advantage of discounts on merchandise, resort hotels and dining as well as complimentary admission to Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park.
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be, at least, 18 years of age upon arrival
- Be a citizen of New Zealand, Australia and/or the United States of America. Permanent residents are not eligible due to visa requirements.
- Have already completed Year 12 and are now a current full-time student at an accredited post-secondary University, TAFE or Polytechnic Institution acquiring a Bachelors, Diploma or a Certificate
- Current program of study must be at least 1-year in length and candidates must have completed, at least, their first year of full-time study prior to the application
- According to the Visa, those taking full-time correspondence (distance learning) classes are not eligible
- Recent graduates of an accredited University, TAFE or Polytechnic may also apply but must start work at Walt Disney World Resort within 12 months of their graduation date
How can I apply?
Once you have successfully completed a course with the International Travel College for at least 1 year, based on your academic performance we will then help you with your application to the program. Our recommendations and endorsement will help you through the process.
If you are looking for an experience that could possibly change your life and prepare you for any future you have in mind, then choose Disney. As one of the most respected companies in the international tourism industry, Disney offers participants the chance to grow professionally and personally by enrolling in collegiate courses, seminar series, and other developmental offerings that can help them build their CV.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact us now. Live the Disney Difference and you could be the one that makes the magic happen!