New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Tourism and Travel Level 3
The New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Tourism and Travel is an excellent introduction to the exciting tourism industry.
There are so many exciting areas of the industry to discover, such as travel agencies, flight attending, airlines, airport, hotels, cultural and adventure tourism – just to name a few!
- Have achieved NCEA level 2 and/or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
- Don’t worry if you’ve finished secondary education, having some previous work experience will still be a valuable contribution so reach out to our friendly team today to find out more.
- The course includes a high level of practical activities, such as roleplays and industry visits, to best prepare you for the workforce. There is also a full programme of field visits and guest speakers.
- Throughout the course you will learn all about New Zealand’s thriving tourism industry, including essential destinational geography – you’ll be an expert in no time!
- With specific industry skills-based training, you will learn about customer service, cross-cultural communication, travel requirements & documentation.
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Open book written assessments (using a variety of question styles including short answer, multiple-choice, essay and matching)
- Case Study analysis
- Map work
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The ITC team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard Notebook/paper and pens
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
- ITC Certificate in Tourism and Travel
- ITC Cabin Crew Online Certificate
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Tourism and Travel Level 3
Course Start Dates:
Auckland City Campus
- 12 February 2024
South Auckland Campus
- 12 February 2024
- 19 February 2024
Time to Complete:
- From 20 weeks
- Domestic: $6,338
- International: $9030
Note: *Fees FREE up to $12,000*