New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel Level 5
The 1 Year Diploma in Tourism and Travel Level 5 provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to prepare them for a general management career, majoring in Aviation, Travel and Tourism.
The course focuses on skills in human resource management, marketing, strategic planning, research, finance, legislation and information technology, all of which are essential in these global industries.
Studying at Level 5 is fast-paced and challenging. The aim of this qualification is to provide you with as much industry knowledge as we possibly can within 1 year. A similar qualification could take years at university! Therefore this Diploma is perfect for people who want to become highly qualified in a short space of time.
- Have achieved NZQA level 4 qualification and/or
- Relevant work experience
- Demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
- Interactive lessons
- Problem-solving activities
- Creative thinking activities
- Research activities
- Real world travel & tourism case study analysis
- The Travel and Tourism Sector
- Communication Skills
- Workplace Management and Human Resources
- Travel and Tourism Management & Strategic Planning
- Travel and Tourism Marketing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Tourism Development
- Tourism & Hospitality Research & Analysis
Students who complete 100% of their Level 5 ITC Diploma can pathway to a Level 6 Diploma or a Bachelor Degree program in the travel & tourism field with another education provider.
ITC has written agreements with providers who recognise and cross-credit ITC papers, such as:
- Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS)
- Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Both AIS & SIT allow ITC graduates to enter directly on to their Level 6 Diploma programs or the second year of their 3 year Bachelor Degree programs
- ITC graduates can also gain credits towards the Bachelor of International Tourism Management program at AUT
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Case Study analysis
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The ITC team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard
- Notebook/paper and pens
The following textbooks (new or 2nd hand):
- Writing guidelines for Business Students (5th Ed) – Emerson; Cengage Learning
- The Principles of Tourism (8th Ed) – Collier
- Tourism A Modern Synthesis (4th Ed) – Page & Connell
For a course overview of our New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel click here.
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
- ITC Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism Level 5
Course Start Dates:
Time to Complete:
- 48 weeks
- Domestic: $11,515
- International: $17,040
Note: *Fees FREE up to $12,000*