Job placement opportunities for ITC students and graduates
Welcome to the ITC Student Jobs page! Here you will find job opportunities that are open to ITC students and graduates only!
These jobs have been sent to us by employers in the airline, travel and tourism industries. Could you be the star employee they are looking for?
If you are interested in one of the jobs outlined below, please email your CV to one of the email addresses listed at the end of this page, along with the job reference number.
Your Employment Consultant will then be in touch to discuss the next steps and determine your eligibility for the role. Good luck!
Current job vacancies
Ski Sales Support
AMPED Ski Travel Specialists
This is an extremely varied role assisting the owner of the company with the day to day running of the business. Therefore depending on client, marketing, and season demand the successful applicant will need to have a flexible approach to managing their workload, show a strong ability to prioritise, be creative and demonstrate initiative whenever required, a team player, and generally have a hands on approach.
Work Day Hours: 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday – Friday (37.5 hours a week)
Lunch: 1 hour: 12pm-1pm
Weekends/|After Hours: From time to time, attend trade shows/client events – when required.
Work Duties Include (But Not Limited to)
Collate rates from suppliers, copy into excel ready for loading
Load ski wholesale product rates into reservations system
Ongoing maintenance/updates of supplier rates and information
Consolidate and maintain client
Processing of reservations of client bookings/files to confirmed status
Documentation Creation: Confirmations, itineraries, quotes
Final Documentation: Checking off & sending to clients
Airline Ticketing: Amadeus
Webpage updates and new resort creation via WordPress: Creative writing
Marketing/Web: Creation of corresponding tactical call to action resort page deals
Assist with creative process and formulation of marketing strategies
SEO | WordPress
Social Media Releases: Blog, Pin Interest, Facebook, G+, Twitter
About AMPED The Ski Adventure Travel Specialists (aka AMPED4SKI): AMPED Ski & Dive Ltd (AMPED The Ski Adventure Travel Specialists) has been formed by an experience, qualified and knowledgeable travel professional who shares the same passion about Skiing, Snowboarding, and Scuba Diving holidays around the world, as those of her customers. Ski holiday destinations include Japan, Canada, USA, New Zealand and Europe. When booking with AMPED customers are dealing with reputable, and knowledgeable Travel Agency and Owner, who has been involved in the New Zealand Travel Industry for over 25 years. AMPED is a fully TAANZ bonded Travel Agency, therefore giving our customers the reassurance that their funds are protected when booking their travel arrangements through us. Furthermore, we hold direct relationships with our suppliers of air travel, ski, and snowboarding products, thus giving our customers peace of mind when it comes to the quality of the products that we sell, and the high value relationships with everyone whom we partner up with. So, whatever the request, we are sure to get our customers what they need and when, with the avoidance of any middleman
Email your CV and job reference number: A440 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Email your CV and job reference number: A550 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Passenger Service Agent
Next intake 2nd July 2018
Menzies Aviation is a globally recognized ground handler, providing services to our prestigious Customer Airlines at international ports around the world.
Committed to maintaining our position at the forefront of the industry, Menzies Aviation requires motivated and driven customer service superstars to join our Passenger Services team.
Your role as a Passenger Service Agent is to provide exceptional customer service whilst checking in and assisting passengers arriving and departing on inbound and outbound flights at Auckland International Airport. You will be utilizing previously developed travel and tourism skills and face to face customer interactions to support our leading customer airlines.
To join our team you will need:
- A travel and tourism qualification (essential)
- A minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Professional attitude and team spirit
- Exceptional personal grooming and presentation
- Good computer skills
- Flexibility to work variable 24/7 rotating shift work
- Restricted or Full New Zealand Drivers’ Licence
- NZ Citizenship or Permanent Residence status
- Ability to pass criminal, alcohol and drug screening
- Training and up-skilling
- Uniform and airport car parking
- Opportunity to work in a busy and unique environment
All successful candidates will be required to undergo security checks and a medical assessment including drug screening.
Email your CV and job reference number: M108 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Domestic/Shorthaul Travel Consultant Corporate
- Boutique Corporate travel company
- Loyal corporate base
- Work with an experienced team and build your knowledge
Business is booming for this successful corporate travel agency. Based in beautiful offices easily accessible from the West, North and South you will work in not only a lovely surrounding but with awesome people who pride themselves on the service they provide to their VIP’s. An opportunity has arisen to join the domestic/shorthaul team.
You will need experience working with customers via phone and email. Your positive attitude and proven strong work ethic will see you succeed in this supportive environment.
Some of the benefits:
- Development opportunities and ongoing training
- Supportive team and management – you won’t be just a number
- Purpose built surrounds with natural lighting and air
- Active social club
What you would need to bring:
- Proven travel industry experience in corporate domestic/shorthaul will be an advantage but willing to look at entry level candidates with the right attitude.
- Attention to detail and ability to work at a fast pace
All there is to know about this awesome opportunity cannot be written in an ad.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You must send your CV through to your employment consultant for this role.
Email your CV and job reference number: B100 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Inbound Tour Consultant
General Travel New Zealand – Inbound Tour Consultants
We are looking for some new inbound superstars to join us.
General Travel is a privately-owned company with a hands-on approach from the
We are a team of almost 35 in Auckland, and in an industry that is, of course, unavoidably busy at certain times of the year, we work hard towards a good work-life balance for everyone.
We are looking for people with experience in groups and/or FIT work and if you’ve
worked with Tourplan or Microsoft-based systems that’s a bonus!
***But we’d also like to meet people who may have no tourism experience, as such, but are excellent organisers, planners, implementers and communicators***
Successful applicants will be part of a team, reporting to their manager, but once trained up, quite autonomous in quoting to the client, working to win the sale, booking and operating the file through to final completion.
Applications close 30th May so if you have always wanted to work as a Travel Consultant this is your opportunity!!!!
Email your CV and job reference number: G100 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Customer Service Rep
Full licence required!
Ezi Car Rental aims to be the best that we can be. We seek excellence and work continually to improve the quality and standards of our work in all areas of the business. We always look at ways in which we can better ourselves and our systems to better serve our people and our customers. We support our staff and aim to be a culturally competent business and equal opportunities employer.
Working with Values
Guided by our values, we will continue to invest in our future. We don’t want be someone else, we only want to be ourselves and in doing so we hope to set the standards by which others will judge themselves.
- GENIUNE – authentic, real, unaffected, honest
- WELCOMING – approachable, cordial, friendly, open
- DYNAMIC – active, vital, alive, energetic, lively, eager
- UNCOMPLICATED – easy, clear, effortless, easily done, no bother, no sweat, undemanding
- EFFICIENT – skilled, decisive, able, effective, capable, competent
At Ezi we’re living our values to help create a more enjoyable journey for our customers, wherever it may take them.
As the first and last point of contact with our customers a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is required to maintain professionalism at all times. A CSR is responsible for rental transactions, ensuring a smooth and efficient counter process for our customers and will contribute significantly to branch incremental sales performance. As the ‘face of the company’, by focusing on the wants and needs of the customer you will have opportunity to positively influence customer satisfaction and retention.
Areas of Specific Responsibility
Complete rental transactions and agreements for customers following established guidelines and procedures. These include:
- Meeting administrative and legal obligations relating to authorizations, signatures, imprints, confirmation numbers, corporate memberships, or any other relevant requirements as assigned.
- Explaining rates, charges and obligations with customers. Providing any and all information relevant to their vehicle hire.
- Proving customers with completed rental agreements, keys, maps, and any other assistance required whilst directing them to their vehicle.
- Create comprehensive and consistent vehicle damage inspections with the customer, for the purpose of damage liabilities.
- Complete vehicle returns procedures and verify the accuracy of closing agreements.
- Accurately resolve customer questions, comments and complaints in accordance with our customer service standards.
- Maximise walk-up and incremental sales opportunities and meet established company targets.
- Maintain up-to-the-moment understandings of fleet related subjects including, but not limited to, availability; classes; models and common fleet queries.
- Run, analyse and act upon rental software reports required for administrative, sales, customer service and fleet related responsibilities.
- Use reasonable judgment to solve issues brought up by customers according to company policy.
Key Working Relationships
CSRs will work closely with their Duty Manager and/ or Branch Manager as required and is expected to have a good working relationship with all internal branch staff.
- Teamwork – Work cooperatively and collaboratively with team members to achieve collective goals.
- Personal Communication – Clearly and accurately keep staff and customers informed in writing, in person and on the telephone. Listen well to others.
- Culturally Competent – Be knowledgeable, aware, and exercise sensitivity to others from different cultural backgrounds. Recognise, respect and value those who make us more diverse.
- Accountability – Assume responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives. Set high standards for yourself and others.
- Attention to detail – Ensure information is complete and accurate; follow-up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Time Management – be aware of time constraints and vary your work speed, focus and priorities to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers.
- Commercial Awareness – Understanding our business will enable you to make the best decisions possible for both the customer and the business alike.
- Results Orientation – Focus on desired results and sets challenging personal goals above and beyond the minimum standard.
- Problem Solving – Identify problems, request help and apply logic and reasonable judgement to achieve the desired outcomes for both customer and business.
- Participating and Contributing – Having a voice and being heard creates a sense of belonging and creates the context from which everyone progresses.
- Initiative – Identify opportunities and issues, and proactively work to capitalise or resolve them.
- Risk Analysis – Creating a safe work environment for our staff requires contribution from everyone involved. Employee guidance can be found through he following link – http://www.business.govt.nz/worksafe/information-guidance/all-guidance-items/position-statements/documents/risk-management-at-work.pdf
Importance of Position
Our Customer Service Representatives are our primary point of contact with our customers, so ensuring that they are treated to a service reflective of our values is very important. Success in this role will be defined by having a sound understanding of our operational policies, processes and intended outcomes – implemented according to our core company values for best possible service outcomes for our customers and best possible revenue outcomes for the company.
Email your CV and job reference number: E122 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Recently voted New Zealand’s best employer in the Randstad awards, Air New Zealand is committed to being globally competitive in the aviation industry and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking to create a solid future and new performance culture within Auckland International and Domestic Airports. We want you to join us!
At Air New Zealand, we are accepting expressions of interest for future roles for permanent part-time loaders within our Baggage Services team at the International terminal and within our Ramp Services team at the Domestic terminal.
This is a shift-based role. The rosters are based on a 6 days on, 3 days off roster pattern, Monday to Sunday, including Public Holidays. The shifts can range between the hours of 3.00am and 2:00am. You have to be highly flexible and willing to work at any given time. You are guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week. There may be the opportunity for additional hours from time to time, but there is no guarantee of more hours.
Our loaders work hard to ensure our customers bags are handled safely and securely and arrive on time to the customer’s destination. One of the key challenges in the role is your ability to troubleshoot and be able to accurately read bag tag information. The work itself involves a lot of heavy lifting and a lot of bending. You will continually be lifting bags one after another, so being fit and having a willingness to work in a physical environment is crucial. You will be part of the team so being a team player is essential for this role.
* Currently eligible to work in NZ
* Ability to pass security and medical checks
* Ability to work any rostered shift, any day, any time (this is a part time role)
* Previous work experience in a physical role
Please let your Employment Consultant know your drivers licence status if you are applying. although they would normally only except Restricted they are going to consider students with Learners licence who we recommend to them.
Being an Air New Zealander opens up numerous benefits:
- Development and promotion is supported and you will be working with and learning from the best in the business
- Our staff travel opens up a world of heavily discounted travel, accommodation and attractions to enjoy with family and friends
- A number of businesses offer Air New Zealanders great discounts on their goods and services
- Apart from a competitive salary, many of our part time roles can offer additional hours and penal rates
At Air New Zealand, we welcome and are proud of our engaged and inclusive culture. Here you will work alongside colleagues from varied backgrounds with diverse perspectives. Our diverse workforce reflects our wide-ranging customer base and helps us better serve their needs. It also makes us more innovative – having many different points of view helps us come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately become a more successful business.
We will encourage you to succeed, grow and aspire to your full potential. If you are ready to take on a new challenge, please apply with your CV and cover letter to your Employment Consultant
Whāia te pae tawhiti kia tata. Ko te pae tata whakamaua, kia tina. “Seek to bring distant horizons closer. Once near, seize them and make them your reality.”
Email your CV and job reference number: A400 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Apply online at
Please still send your cv to your employment consultant after you apply online!
Contact Centre Sales Agent – Auckland (Full-time)
Customer Service Legends – Christchurch (Full-time)
A Very JUCY Story
Email your CV and job reference number: J110 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Rental Sales Agent
APEX Rentals – Auckland Airport
Full Licence required!
The Rental Sales Agent completes rental and return transactions. Integral to this role is the sale of programs and
services to customers and prospective customers at the counter, following established procedures and sales techniques.
The Rental Sales Agent performs duties and provides services which reflect the Company’s values. Essential duties and
responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on the location, team size, brand and any specialised or specific
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Completes rental transactions and agreements for customers following established guidelines and procedures.
Obtains required authorisations, signatures, imprints, addendum, confirmation numbers, and perform Preferred /
Fastbreak, VIP, or other special services as assigned.
Completes qualification procedures prior to renting vehicles.
Sells programs and services to customers in an effort to maximise sales opportunities and meet sales goals set
Maximises up-sells and walk-up sales based on vehicle availability, utilising established sales techniques and
dialogues. Programs and services include protection options, refueling program, special promotions, future
reservations, upgrades, etc.
Reviews completed contracts with customers to verify accuracy of information and explains rates and charges.
Provides customers with completed rental agreements, keys, directions to rental vehicles, maps, and any other
Completes transaction procedures for returned vehicles and verifies accuracy of closing calculations.
Audits closed contracts to ensure accurate charges for refueling, applicable taxes, etc.
Adhere to Company Quality Assurance and Uniform Guidelines.
Solves problems raised by customers using sound judgement within applied empowerment guidelines and
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
Level 3 NCEA or higher.
Previous Customer Service and Sales experience.
Current NZ Drivers Licence
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform competently basic mathematical calculations manually or through utilising a calculator
Strong professional demeanor, interpersonal skills
Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Email your CV and job reference number: A122 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Porter x 2 positions
Part-time with more hours available!
Grand Millennium Auckland
Providing Outstanding Service Experiences for all external and internal customers to ensure ‘Everyone Recommends Us’ by providing guests with the services and facilities they request to ensure guest satisfaction is achieved with all interactions. Ensuring the safe, timely and careful delivery of all guests’ luggage, messages and other goods. Ensuring areas of the hotel under your jurisdiction are kept neat, clean and tidy at all times.
Communication skills – listening, verbal and written
Problem solving – quick thinking, decision making skills
Multi lingual is a plus
Pursuit of Hotel or Hospitality qualification
Full drivers license
Customer service ethic
Initiative and ability to think outside the square
Flexible working hours
Good work ethic
Friendly and sociable personality
Willing to go the extra mile if required
Willing to learn and progress
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Technical Aspect of the Role:
Sales & Marketing
o Revenue Generation
– Sell, upsell and cross sell the Hotel’s facilities and outlets by promoting the use of the Hotel’s facilities with particular emphasis on food and beverage outlets to ensure maximum utilization
o Maximize tour sales by:
– Developing local knowledge and sales skills
– Accurately matching guest needs with products
– Effectively utilizing sales techniques
– Following through guest requests in a timely manner
Assists guests by:
– Distributing luggage to and from guest rooms in a timely and safe manner
– Promptly delivering messages, faxes, parcels and amenities to and from guests
– Following up guest requests
Achieves guest satisfaction by:
– Focusing on the guest, delivering the correct services and quality of product as requested by the guest in a timely manner
– Anticipating arrivals and departures by closely liaising on a daily basis with the Front Office regarding the anticipated arrival and departure times of tours
Maintain the ongoing cleanliness of the public areas to a consistently high standard by:
– Developing an eye for cleaning detail
– Coordinating and communicating with all departments regarding cleaning projects
– Performing the duties outlined on the Porters cleaning checklist
– Ensuring all areas are free of rubbish, mess and dust
Ensure the security of the Hotel by:
– Completing ongoing security checks of the Hotel, both scheduled and unscheduled
Customer Service – Consistently demonstrates a culture of OSE by:
Two meter greeter
– Greeting all staff and guests – using their name as appropriate and when possible.
– Adopting a friendly, polite and helpful attitude
Know your stuff
– Maintaining up to date knowledge on all Hotel events, including Food and Beverage outlet information
– Following up guest requests
Centre of my world
– Focusing on the guest, delivering the correct services and quality of product as requested by the guest in a timely manner
– Using effective communication skills to get to know the guest and to understand unique requirements
– Developing professional relationships with all guests
– Ensuring personnel presentation and uniform are in line with company standard
– Ensuring that body language, tone of voice and behavior is professional.
– Taking responsibility and ownership of guest issues and complaints so as to resolve
– Reporting all problems / complaints that are beyond your level of authority to your supervisor or manager
United we stand
– Working effectively with department and interdepartmental teams
– Positive co-operative attitude.
– Taking initiative and look for opportunities to enhance the guest’s stay
Consistently display the company’s Values by:
– Inspire Trust – in the team, your manager and our guests.
– Respect – of the team, your manager and our guests.
– Ownership – of the issues and the success.
Proactive approach to work and additional responsibilities by:
– Carrying out any duties reasonably requested by your manager.
It is a great introductory role for hotels with plenty to gain from the exposure to hotel operations and guest engagement.
Email your CV and job reference number: G100 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Customer Service Officer
Casual roles & full-time roles Skycity & Wellesley/Custom street bus stops!!
Casual role at Wellesley/Customs street perfect for students still studying!!!!
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, as part of the Visitor Experience team, the Customer Service Officer is a key front line customer experience role, responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service and satisfaction by ensuring every customer / public interaction is a positive and friendly one.
Participating as part of cohesive and productive team of CSO’s.
Maintain high standards of Customer service.
Selling tickets and providing information to customers.
To provide excellent levels of care and service to all SkyBus customers – striving to create a tailored experience for each visitor, as a proactive and engaged member of the SkyBus team (ability to “read “customers).
At all times to ensure that visitors to the SkyBus service have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Adjust to the personality of the customer.
Stay patience when dealing with frustrated customers taking the time to figure out what they want, the ability to really listen to customers is crucial for providing a great customers service experience.
Clear Communications Skills.
Knowledge of the product and destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Interacting with customers in a friendly and helpful manner, by selling tickets and encouraging the sale of return round trip.
Providing details to customers on frequency of service, time until next bus arrives / departs, etc.
Assist drivers where and when required.
Opening and closing queue / corral to ensure quickest and smoothest access for our customers, while keeping queues organized without impeding walkways.
Understanding of the Visitor Host Buses Schedule or time table.
Communicate with drivers to ensure the quality of the customers experience by determining:
Remaining seating availability for Domestic terminal
Allocation of special needs customers (disabled / vision impaired / elderly etc.)
Buses arrive 5-9 minutes to International Kiosk before departure time.
To provide information on the city and SkyBus service, communicating in a lively and informative way and answering questions fully.
To provide all information in a style appropriate for the visitor/s concerned.
Duties may include ticket scanning, ticket selling, visitor assistance and guidance.
To deal with challenging visitors calmly, referring to a Senior Visitor Host or Team Leader Operations where necessary.
To handle customer complaints professionally, referring to a Team Leader Operations where necessary.
To attend training and participate in the continuous improvement of the SkyBus service.
To assist in the training and orientation of new staff as and if required.
To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time.
Email your CV and job reference number: S200 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Customer Service/Check In
20-25 hours, Auckland
AEROCARE – Check In/Customer Service staff servicing Qatar,Jetstar and Virgin Airlines
Applicants must be available to work all days and times 365 days, 7 days a week (public holidays included especially around Christmas time) but on a part time roster 20-25 hours. Only graduates please!
The shifts can start as early as 2am or finish after midnight so reliable transport is a must as public transport is not available at these times.
Check In/Customer service staff are responsible for all passenger movements between the terminal and aircraft. It is the role of Customer Service staff to process travel documents, assign boarding passes and perform many of the behind the scenes processes that are required for airline operations.
From the moment a passenger arrives on an inbound flight or at the departures terminal for an outbound flight, Customer Service staff are responsible to ensure that their travel plans are carried out as seamless as possible.
You can apply online but you must send through your cv to your employment consultant as we need to send through a recommendation.
Applications are taken year round but they may not be recruiting immediately so there can be a delay in hearing from them. You must check their website for vacancies as this will let you know if they are taking staff now!
Email your CV and job reference number: A110 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Part time Auckland City
Heritage Auckland is looking for a part time GSA/Porters to join the team. This role is the face of the Hotel as you will be the first point of contact for our guests.
In order for your application to be successful you will have:
¨ A high standard of personal presentation and communication
¨ A confident and friendly personality
¨ A clean full New Zealand drivers licence and the ability to drive both manual and automatic cars
¨ Strong knowledge of the Auckland area, and be able to recommend local restaurants, things to
do, and tourism attractions.
The main duties of this role include:
¨ Meeting and greeting guests
¨ Valet parking
¨ Luggage assistance
¨ Providing information about the hotel, Auckland and New Zealand
¨ Assisting with any other guest requests
Hours of work are on a rotating roster, with varied shift times over the week. You must be available to work a range of shifts and days, including weekends.
Email your CV and job reference number: H104 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Part time Auckland Airport
Sudima Hotel – House Keeping
To ensure linen is on the floors so Room Attendants may start work on time.
To assist Room Attendants with stripping of soiled linen in the mornings.
Assist Laundry Attendants as required.
Distribute store items to the floors.
On going cleaning of inside and outside of windows/ balconies / corridors / carpets etc.
To assist in “spring cleaning” duties as required.
Due to the nature of this position, to be flexible to carry out other duties as required by the Housekeeper to ensure total guest satisfaction.
To comply with safety and security procedures of the hotel.
To be neat and well groomed at all times.
To carry out work in manner least affecting guests.
Email your CV and job reference number: S150 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Food and Beverage Attendant
Part time Auckland Airport
Sudima Hotel – Restaurant
If you have some previous experience this would be an advantage. Coffee making skills will also help!
Report to supervisor in appropriate uniform and well groomed at the rostered time ready to commence duty.
Ensure that high standard of service is maintained and guests receive prompt, efficient, and pleasant service.
To be a flexible and co-operative team member, within the department and carry out respective duties required.
To adhere to hotel policies and procedures with regards to wastage, breakages, liquor control and grooming.
Perform any duties common to service personnel and carry out any other duties requested by the management or supervisor.
Attend any training sessions or meetings as necessary.
Carry out duties bearing in mind safety, health and hygiene requirements. Report any maintenance issues to supervisor.
Be familiar with emergency evacuation procedures.
Email your CV and job reference number: S140 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Guest Services Assistant
Part time Auckland Airport
Sudima Hotel – Reception
Must have full licence!
To efficiently and effectively carry out general “GSA” duties as directed by the Front Office Manager or Duty Manager.
To ensure the highest standard of guest service is maintained while also ensuring maximum revenue for the hotel is produced.
To promote guest services via front desk & telephone contact, by giving individual and prompt attention to guests’ needs in a courteous and professional manner.
To provide a warm friendly welcome every time you come into contact with a new guest.
To be familiar with all aspects of the Front Office PMS system, and the Front Office telephone switchboard.
To be familiar with company policies and procedures for credit cards, travellers cheques, telechecks company discount cards and the like.
To carry out the cashiering functions of foreign exchange, telephones, guest meals, balancing shifts takings, banking ect.
To ensure the receiving / distribution of facsimiles and messages is organised and timely.
To liaise closely with Housekeeping with regard to rooms available and early departures / check-ins, guests special room requirements and room status’.
To assist the Duty Manager, where necessary, with Tour check-ins, allocation rooms, and other duties as required, ensuring guest comfort and satisfaction.
Complete rostered shifts over a 7 day week which could include: AM, PM and Twilight
To transport guests to and from the Airport when requested and ensure road safety rules are adhered to at all times.
To report any mechanical issues to the Maintenance Manager asap and not use that vehicle until given the all clear.
To have a full current driver’s license, and have this on you at all times whilst driving any of the hotel vehicles. Inform your manager or HR immediately of any license restrictions you may receive throughout your employment with us.
Complete room service orders (twilight shift only), adhering to food safety and hygiene standards.
Conduct general cleaning duties as directed, and maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the Hotels public areas.
To assist in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms unless told otherwise by the guest.
Resolve any maintenance issues that arise during shift, If capable and can be done in a safe manner that wouldn’t bring harm to you other staff or guests,
Complete regular security checks in and around the property, and report any suspicious activity or unruly behaviour to the Duty Manager.
To liaise closely with fellow personnel to ensure the smooth operation of each shift.
To be fully aware of the hotel’s Fire Evacuation procedures.
To ensure and maintain the security of personal information of customers and team members of the hotel.
To ensure you are smartly and correctly attired reporting for duty punctually in the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
To be familiar with all aspects of the Hotel, including facilities available and special packages available during the year.
To be able to fulfil guests queries regarding local activities and sightseeing
To attend staff meetings and any internal or external training when requested by your manager or HR.
To remember that as a GSA, your manner and attitude towards guests, staff members, management and your job, is always in the public eye, therefore a professional and mature attitude must be foremost at all times.
Email your CV and job reference number: S130 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Assistant Customs Officer
Full time and Part time Auckland Airport
New Zealand Customs Service
Apply online to register interest.
Students must let your Employment Consultant know when you have applied online so we can email the recruitment team.
To be a successful Assistant Customs Officer, the appointee requires the following knowledge,
experience, skills and personal attributes:
New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
An unrestricted full motor vehicle driver’s licence.
Clear drug testing results.
Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Customs Organisational Security Clearance
which includes Police Vetting.
Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for all actions and decisions.
Demonstrates work behaviours to reflect the Customs 2020 characteristics, Customs Leadership
Principles and Customs Integrity Principles.
Proven experience in a public facing role and a demonstrated commitment to providing
exceptional customer service.
Confident in the use of computers and unafraid of using or learning new technology i.e. internal
data based systems.
The resilience to work in a highly structured environment which has a high degree of repetition and
Able to work flexibly and be available at short notice to provide coverage across a 24/7 period.
There may also be a requirement to travel at short notice within your geographical area.
A commitment to maintaining compliance with legislation, rules and regulations as well as working
towards a safe and prosperous New Zealand.
Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
Ability to achieve and maintain level of fitness and physical ability to undertake the full range of
Email your CV and job reference number: C109 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Visitor Engagement Host
Part time min 3 hrs per week
Maritime Museum – Volunteer Role (Great opportunity for customer service experience to put on your CV)
Need to commit to role for 4 month minimum!
Key Relationships: ALL Visitors, Museum staff & volunteers
Is a member of: Visitor Service Team
Classification: The Visitor Engagement officer represents the public face of the Museum.
Different roles available under this title:
Tour guide assistant
Temporary exhibition host / guide
Public program assistant
Overview, Scope and challenges:
The Visitor engagement officer ensures that all visitors have an enjoyable experience at the NZ Maritime Museum. They are confident in their ability to safeguard the displays and exhibits within the Museum galleries. They are conversational without being intrusive and are able to share their knowledge of the Museum content, facilities and special exhibits.
Availability can be no less than a minimum of 3 hours once a week or fortnight. Ensure all communications and information from the museum is read, understood and retained to keep you (the volunteer) up-to-date with activities, exhibits and events.
As a volunteer of the NZ Maritime Museum you are required to familiarise yourself with and comply with all organisation policies, including but not limited to, the organisation’s Code of Conduct.
The Volunteer orientation Guide and Agreement will be given at your interview for acceptance.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Able to communicate confidently in English in a friendly manner
- An ability to work independently with enthusiasm and self-assurance
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A concern for visitor wellbeing and has respect for all, regardless of ethnicity, culture or ideals.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 3 hours
- Knowledge of Museum activities, events, and layout to include public facilities (Information available)
- Knowledge of Museum vessel departures and returns (Information available)
The Various tasks:
The below tasks are an indication only of where you may be able to help. As your interest develops and your knowledge of the museum increases – other tasks may present themselves.
- Provides each visitors with a warm smile and a friendly welcome
- Answering questions on wayfinding within the museum and/or the location of public facilities
- Assisting front of house with the stowing of backpacks (not allowed in the galleries)
- Assisting with the Pacific Discovery theatre operating hours
- Assistance with the donning of life jackets when required
- Being the go-to person at the information area when a staff member is not present. (During breaks and lunch times)
- Walking the galleries to maintain a presence to assist visitors when required.
- Assist in the Edmiston gallery with your presence in the gallery during special exhibits and workshops
- When needed, educate the visitors on what is appropriate behaviour within the Museum to prevent damage to exhibits.
- Assist the tour guides with cruise ship or private tour visitors
- Assisting with Holiday program and/or holiday program groups (training given)
- If interested – learn about the gallery exhibits to become a Guide (training given).
- Assist with the school groups, accompanying them to assist the educators with group control.
- Taking photos (training will be given) of passengers on the vessels for re-sell purposes.
Based on specific skills and the needs of the Museum you may also be asked to assist with:
Email your CV and job reference number: M104 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Customer Service Agent
Full time Auckland Airport
Air New Zealand
An opportunity is available now to join our high performance Customer Service Team. As the face of the company you will consistently go over and above client expectations to deliver a personalised experience for our customers.
The role is very diverse, as are the clients. A typical day includes Frontline Customer Service, Alphanumeric data entry, Checking-in domestic travelling passengers, dispatching shuttles to and from the Airport Terminals as well as liaising with the driver team to manage forecourt congestion. Its fast paced its exciting and its fun.
This role may be suitable for someone that has recently graduated or worked in Travel and Tourism and or Hospitality for example in a restaurant, hotel or bar or simply someone that is in search of something new.
The key requirements of this role include:
Outstanding Communication abilities
Flexibility to work shift work and weekends as part of a 4 days on and 2 days off, rolling roster
Previous experience in Customer Service and or Hospitality is a bonus
Full NZ Drivers Licence or have held your restricted licence for at least 18months
Alphanumeric computer skills
This opportunity would be very well suited to a highly motivated individual that enjoys multi-tasking and enjoys being kept on their toes.
Email your CV and job reference number: A106 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Variety of roles
Auckland Airport mixed hours available
Applicants must be available to work all days and times but on a part time roster so is therefore not suitable for current students
Servicing Jetstar and Qatar and Virgin Airlines. Applicants must have a full or restricted licence. Excellent entry level opportunity into the airport industry especially if you have limited customer service experience.
Email your CV and job reference number: A111 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Full time, Auckland
Please apply to Air New Zealand careers page as vacancies close off and open up at various times but please keep checking if applications are closed at present!
You’ll need proven experience working with people and a passion for travel. It’s a demanding role that will push your limits and challenge you every day you come to work. We are one of the world’s leading airlines delivering exceptional customer service to 13 million travellers every year on our domestic and international network. Our Flight Attendants are passionate, proud and dedicated people who love the challenge of working in an industry where every second counts! We are looking for world class Flight Attendants to join us in representing New Zealand to the world. Your journey starts here. We’re looking for a natural passion for people and a commitment to excellent service. Strong problem solving skills, teamwork and the ultimate Kiwi “can-do” attitude are the attributes required to keep us operating at world class levels. We need resilient team players, with great personalities and a keen sense of humor to represent New Zealand with pride and passion.
Email your CV and job reference number: A125 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Full time, Auckland
Please check the Jet connect (Qantas) website for job opening as they open up and close off at various time, you are able to register your interest so you are alerted to job openings when they come up!
The essential requirements of the position are:
Impeccable presentation aligned to the premium nature of the airline; Hospitality experience; Demonstrated experience in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries; Strong commitment to high-level customer service and recent experience in a face-to-face role; New Zealand or Australian permanent residency and a passport ensuring unrestricted access to all ports of call with at least 12 months validity; availability to work a rotating roster over 7 days, including weekends, weekdays, public holidays and over a 24 hour period; an excellent level of health and fitness; minimum 18 years of age; height must be between 163cm-183cm.
Possess (or obtain the following if successful):
Current Senior First Aid Certificate (or Proof of Enrolment)
Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate. (or Proof of Enrolment)
Email your CV and job reference number: J101 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Full time, Various locations
Please check the Virgin website for job opening as they open up and close off at various time, you are able to register your interest so you are alerted to job openings when they come up!
We are looking for customer service professionals who share our enthusiasm and passion for excellence. If this is a challenge that you are ready to embrace please register your interest to join our Cabin Crew team today!
Virgin Australia is searching for vibrant individuals to deliver our world class onboard service, with all of the finesse our Guests expect from Australia’s most desirable airline.
Our Virgin Australia Cabin Crew operate one of the world’s most advanced and modern fleet of aircraft on our regional, domestic and short-haul international network.
As a member of the Virgin Australia team you will enjoy a wide range of benefits;
- Competitive pay
- Excellent industry benefits
- Diverse career opportunities
- Dynamic environment
If you have a strong passion for customer service and demonstrate the following criteria, Virgin Australia would love to hear from you.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian Permanent Resident
- Passport holder ensuring unrestricted access to all Virgin Australia ports of call. If progressed, your Passport must have a minimum of 18 months’ validity before commencing on a Training School
- Competency in written and spoken English
- Australian Apply or Provide First Aid Certificate for Australian candidates or Comprehensive First Aid Certificate for New Zealand candidates. If progressed, this must have a minimum of 12 months’ validity before commencing on a Training School
- Australian Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate. If progressed, this must have a minimum of 6 months’ validity before commencing on a Training School
- Able to reach a height of 180 cm on flat feet and not be taller than 187cm
- Further information regarding our minimum requirements and selection criteria can be found on our Careers website.
- Start your career with an airline that has been continually recognised for its service and aims to deliver the world’s most engaging, stylish and effortless flying experience.
- We are currently recruiting for the following bases:
- Virgin Australia Regional Cabin Crew
- – Canberra
- – Sydney
- Virgin Australia Domestic / International Short Haul Cabin Crew
- – Melbourne
- Virgin Australia New Zealand – Short Haul International
- – Auckland
- – Christchurch
Email your CV and job reference number: V101 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Full time, Auckland
To be considered for a Travel Consultant role you’ll need to meet the following minimum criteria:
– Experience in a sales environment/customer care environment
– Solid academic background (ideally with a tertiary qualification)
– A passion for travel, demonstrated by personal travel experience
– Self-motivation with a desire to build your own client base
– The right to work in New Zealand
The sales experience and previous travel requirements are essential. There is a huge focus on sales targets which is reflected in the wage structure.
Please let your Employment Consultant know if you apply so we can email the recruitment team at Flight Centre.
Email your CV and job reference number: F110 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
Variety of roles
Part-time and casual
Cordis Hotel (Previously Langham Hotel)
Variety of roles including porter, housekeeping and food and beverage in a 5 star luxury hotel.
Email your CV and job reference number: C101 to the campus you attend or attended. (Email addresses are listed below.)
The campus email address to use are as follows:
What happens next:
Once we receive your CV the Employment Consultant will contact you with the full job description for the role and will give you advice on applying for the role and make suggestions to improve your CV if needed. Your CV will then be forwarded to the chosen company and they will contact you directly if they wish to offer you an interview.
If you get an interview:
Make sure you are ready to make an impact, have suitable interview clothes. Don’t forget to contact your chosen Employment Consultant if you are offered an interview.