ITC Student Information
At ITC we want to ensure that all students have all information available to them during their course. Our Student Handbook ensures that students can understand the support available to them.
Overview Of Our Student Handbook
Our Student Handbook has more information on:
- Awarding of College qualifications and certificates
- College support
- Course information and inclusions
- Recognition of prior learning
- Assessment procedures
- Academic policies
- Withdrawal and refund procedures
- Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners Code of Practice
- Grievance and Complaints Procedure
View our Student Handbook here.
The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021
The Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners came into effect on 01/01/2022. Under the Education and Training Act 2020, the purpose of the Code is to require providers to:
- take all reasonable steps to maintain the wellbeing of domestic tertiary students and to protect international students
- ensure as far as possible that domestic tertiary students and all international students have a positive experience that supports their educational achievement.
To ensure, so far as is practicable, that tertiary students can succeed academically in a safe, healthy and supportive learning environment. Where they are accepted and respected and receive an education that values their identity, language and culture and those of their family and whanau.
The cornerstones of the Code cover Wellbeing and Safety, Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Learner voice.
The code sets out the roles and responsibilities of tertiary education organisations in promoting and supporting student wellbeing, development and educational achievement. Under the code we should be helping students to be:
- student support resources for mental and physical wellbeing click here
- respected and accepting of who they are
- supported in their learning and wellbeing
- connected with social and cultural networks
- able to have a say in decisions about services
The code has twelve outcomes following are the ones relevant to ITC. Outcomes 1-4 apply to all tertiary students and outcomes 8-11 apply only to international students.
All tertiary students
Outcomes 1 and 2 focus on education providers taking a whole of organisation approach to learner wellbeing and safety, and that learner voice is embedded into the organisation.
- A learner wellbeing and safety system
- Learner voice
Outcomes 3 and 4 focus on wellbeing and safety practices for all tertiary providers and relate to physical and digital learning environments.
- Safe, inclusive, supportive and accessible physical and digital learning environments
- Learners are safe and well
Outcomes 8 to 11 have the same requirements to the previous international code for tertiary learners, and ensures international learners have access to the right information and support before and during their study.
- Responding to the distinct wellbeing and safety needs of international tertiary learners
- Prospective international tertiary learners are well informed
- Offer, enrolment, contracts, insurance and visa
- International learners receive appropriate orientations, information and advice