Our Schools Team will continue to work through this isolation period. If you have any questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. We aim to provide quality choices with no hassle Nationwide.
- i-Study Resources – these units would suit a whole host of students including those currently not studying tourism. The online resources enable self-directed learning with often minimal support from a teacher required.
- Gateway Workbooks – these are generic units that and in these extraordinary times can be based on real life experiences at home. They can be completed by year 12 or 13 students.
- Short Courses – for the safety of your students and our staff we have postpone all short courses at this time.
Additional information on each resource is below. Please know that we are here to help support you and your students. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
ITC in High Schools – Nationwide
At the International Travel College it’s our vision to inspire students all over New Zealand to pursue a career in airline, travel or tourism. One of the ways we realise this vision is through providing quality education, short courses, and tourism resources to secondary schools throughout the country.
Our short courses are delivered nationwide and are an opportunity for students to gain credits towards NCEA levels 2 and 3. They also give students a taste of the tourism industry through site visits, guest speakers, and participating in exciting activities.
We also provide schools with Gateway workbooks and other teacher resources, both paper-based and online.
We continue to help meet the individual needs of schools, so please don’t hesitate to contact our Tourism Education Team for more information.
Scroll down for more information about Gateway, resources or outlines & dates for destinations around New Zealand.
We have a number of level 2 and 3 short course options which cover different elements of Travel, Tourism and Aviation. Select a destination below for more information.
Please note if you would like a course offered outside of these areas or specifically at your school please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have TWO Gateway workbook options designed to support and influence the student’s experience while on a Gateway work placement.
Gateway Workbook one offers 9 level 3 credits and Gateway Workbook two offers 11 level 3 credits to all students completing a Gateway placement. All work books contain generic units which apply to any role in any industry.
For a sample or more information email email@example.com
Tourism Class Resources
The tourism resources ITC offers high schools, named ‘I study’, are relevant for tourism classes or independent student learning nationwide. There are two resource options:
- Option 1: High Schools that do not have accreditation to deliver tourism use ITC to mark the work and use our provider code to report the credits to NZQA
- Option 2: High Schools that have accreditation and run tourism classes with work marked by the teacher
For more information or to receive a sample, list of teaching resources and costs please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Services We Offer…
There are a number of additional services our schools team offers to help provide the best opportunities for your students:
- Class talks which focus on careers to any year level at your school
- Photoboards, posters, flyers and prospectuses for careers departments
- Attending careers events or expos
- Attend cluster meetings nationwide and assist with interactive workshops for staff
- Provide personal development days for teachers and staff to further your knowledge on our products, services and changes to meet school and NZQA requirements
For more information email email@example.com