New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Aviation Level 3
The New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Aviation is a fantastic introduction to a career with an airline or at an airport. This course is very practical, with many role plays to best prepare you for a job in the workforce.
If you dream of working at an airport or being a flight attendant, then this course is a great first step!
- Have achieved NCEA level 2 and/or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
- Don’t worry if you’ve finished secondary education, having some previous work experience will still be a valuable contribution so reach out to our friendly team today to find out more.
- The course also includes ‘Ready to Check In’, an online check-in system used by many airlines worldwide.
- You will learn all about the fast-paced aviation industry, including subjects such as dangerous goods, aviation security, airport geography, airline operations, check-in procedures, international travel documentation, flight attending and baggage processing.
- Use of our on-site Airport Training Centre located at both Auckland City & South Auckland Campuses.
- The course includes a high level of practical activities, such as roleplays and industry visits, to best prepare you for the workforce.
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Open book written assessments (using a variety of question styles including short answer, multiple-choice, essay and matching)
- Case Study analysis
- Map work
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The ITC team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard Notebook/paper and pens
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
- ITC Certificate in Aviation & Ground Handling
- ITC Cabin Crew Online Certificate
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Aviation Level 3
- 'Ready to Check In' Certificate
Course Start Dates:
Time to Complete:
- From 20 weeks
- Domestic: $6,629
- International: $9,670
Note: *Fees FREE up to $12,000*