An influx of available roles sees many ITC students find industry workPosted on 23/06/2021 by Hayley Clark
With hope, excitement, and relentless positivity, we’re looking ahead to a spring and summer that are bustling with tourism as New Zealand opens bubbles with Australia and the Cook Islands.
And it’s not just us preparing for greater numbers of travellers in the months to come.
Countless tourism and hospitality businesses around New Zealand have started hiring new staff to cater to the crowds.
Here’s what we’re seeing in terms of new roles coming available, and what we’re celebrating in terms of ITC graduates filling so many of them.
Tourism industry roles that have opened up
Ceri Jenkins, ITC Key Stakeholder Manager, highlighted just some of the roles that have come available in the past six weeks.
- Entrada Group – Customer Service Representative
- Wilderness (Smart RV) – Customer service /sales administrator
- Jucy – Customer Experience Consultant
- Cordis – Housekeeping Attendants
- Cordis – Event Sales Executive
- The Loop Duty Free – Retail Sales
- Seassonz – Inbound Tour Operator
- Parkside Hotel and Apartments – Receptionist
- Scenic Hotel Group – Heartland Hotel and Airedale Suites – Room attendants
- Ezi Car Rental – Customer Relations Agent
- ATS Pacific – Wholesale Travel Consultant
- Cordis – Receptionist
- The Loop Duty Free – Sales Advisor
- Jucy – Customer Service
- Cordis – Reservations Sales Agent
- Avis/Budget Group – Vehicle Service Agent
- 27 roles at SkyCity hotels
- Copthorne Hotel Bay of Islands – Receptionist
- Grand Mercure Auckland – Guest Service Agent
- Heritage Hotel – Reservations Agent
- Scenic Hotel Group – Porter
- Nelson Airport – Customer Services Representative
- All Blacks Experience – Guide and Customer Experience Representative
- Rainbows End – Cleaners, Catering, Ride Attendants and Entertainment staff Adrenalin Forest – Adventure Park Instructor
- Menzies Aviation – Baggage Handlers
- CAA/AVSEC (CHC) – Load Assistants
- Sudima Hotel – Guest service Agents and Food and Beverage attendants
- Avis Budget Group (Chch) – Vehicle Service Agent
- ITC – Course Advisor
- Hertz – Instant Return Representative
- Cordis Hotel – Cody the Mascot/Ambassador
Ceri went on to explain how ITC’s involvement helps give graduates a leg up when searching for industry roles.
“Our students have to be ready for employment, and because of the connection and ongoing communication with students, graduates and employers through ITC’s Employment Consultants, we can provide this support in applying and getting their CV direct to the employer. Our quick turnaround gives our students the best chance at taking any role advertised as some employers’ expectations are to fill these roles within 3 days of advertising!”
ITC students finding industry work
With so many fantastic roles coming available around New Zealand, and our Employment Consultants Sarndra and Nicky working hard to help connect graduates to those roles, we’re seeing plenty of our students gaining employment.
Here are just a few examples of recent ITC hires:
- Sky City Hotel – Night Porter
- Go rentals – Customer ambassador
- Sky City Casino – Table Games dealer
- Moa Tours – Internship
- Air NZ Koru Lounge Christchurch – Lounge Assistant
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, USA – Pool Server through the IWH (International working Holidays) program
- Air NZ – Casual Customer Service Agent in Whangarei
- Menzies – Baggage handler
- Helloworld – Billing consultant
- Best Western International (Ellerslie) – Housekeeper
- Oronga Bay Holiday Resort – Front Office
- Jucy Snooze – Housekeeper and Front Office
- Go Holidays – Finalisation Consultant
- Sky City Casino – Table Games Dealer
- Skyline Rotorua – Luge Operator
Additionally, there are numerous graduates and students in the process of applying for roles, or who are already in the interview stages, so we only expect the number of hires to increase.
If you’d like to be part of the wave of ITC and Study From Home graduates finding work in this blossoming industry, now’s the time to begin your studies. Get in touch today to find out more about our courses.
Campus Study – email@example.com 0800 TOURISM (0800 868747) or https://www.itc.co.nz/contact-us/Posted in News, Student success, Travel and Tourism News | Tagged Employment, ITC Award winning training, ITC graduates, New Zealand Tourism Training, Travel Training | Leave a reply