ITC and Fees Free
Tertiary education will be fees free for eligible first time tertiary students. ITC is an approved Tertiary provider that can offer this as we are recognised by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and we are funded through the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).
Learners planning to start study or training in 2020 can check their eligibility on the Fees Free website:
- Learners should go to feesfree.govt.nz/ and enter their National Student Number (NSN) to find out if they are eligible.
- If a learner gets a ‘maybe’ result (and meets the eligibility criteria) they are able to complete and submit a statutory declaration. The statutory declaration process remains unchanged from 2019.
- A statutory declaration is a legal form and it’s important that what learners write on the form is correct and true. It is an offence under the Education Act, as well as the Crimes Act, to give any altered, false, incomplete or misleading information, or to make a false statement or declaration.
- Learners who submitted a statutory declaration in 2019 (but did not undertake any study or training in 2019) and are planning to start study or training in 2020 will need to complete and submit a new 2020 statutory declaration.
- New learners starting study or training in 2020 can still check their eligibility online. They need to enter their NSN and select 2020 for their year of study or training.
What is an NSN number? The National Student Number (NSN) is a unique number given to every student. The NSN makes it easier for us to manage and share information about students in a way that protects their privacy.
How to access the NSN – The National Student Number (NSN) is a unique number given to every student. The NSN makes it easier for us to manage and share information about students in a way that protects their privacy. We would suggest that you contact NZQA here to retrieve your NSN number
Frequently asked questions and glossary terms:
- Updated and new FAQs are available on the FAQ page – https://www.feesfree.govt.nz/faqs/
- We have updated the information guides to apply to learners starting study or training in 2020; one general guide, and one guide targeted at learners starting industry training. These are also available on the TEC website.
- We have added the following new glossary terms:
The ITC team are here to help
Our friendly team will assist you with the following:
- We will assist you with the process of checking if you are eligible for fees free study
- Any student allowance applications to help assist you during your study. Click here for more information
- Your student loan application if you do not qualify for fees free. Click here for more information
- Our friendly team help you with every step of the enrollment process so you can focus on preparing for your brighter future in NZ’s largest most exciting industry
Click here to contact us now for more information.