Diploma in International Tourism and Travel Management Level 5
Specifically designed for international students, the two-year Diploma in International Tourism and Travel Management (Level 5) course provides an outstanding suite of qualifications, most of which are well-recognised throughout the world.
The first year covers the practical skills required by the industry, including subjects such as flight attending, travel documentation, online fares & ticketing, reservation system (Amadeus), the cruise ship industry and destination geography.
The second year of the program becomes more theory based and focuses on sustainable tourism and management topics such as human resources, marketing, planning, research, finance, legislation and communications.
The IATA Foundation Diploma which comes from Canada, is another international qualification included within this program and is highly valued by airlines and travel agencies globally.
Throughout this two-year Diploma there is a full programme of field visits, guest speakers, work experience and industry participation events. Students will also have the opportunity to experience the NZ tourism industry ‘first hand’ on two 3-day familiarsation trips and the ability to work part time throughout their studies.
At the end of the course, graduates will be fully prepared to enter the tourism industry with both practical and management skills, making them highly valued by employers. Graduates are also eligible to apply for a Post Study Work Visa, which will allow them to work in New Zealand for 12 months to gain valuable industry experience.
Students may wish to continue their studies (straight away or after one year of working in NZ) by pursuing a Level 6 Diploma or Bachelor Degree qualification with another education provider.
This program is offered in full at our Auckland City campus.
* Students who enrol on this program at our South Auckland & Christchurch campuses are required to transfer to the Auckland City campus for the IATA and 2nd-year papers.
- ITC Diploma in International Tourism & Travel Management
- ITC Cabin Crew Online Certificate
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism Level 3 - with a strand in Tourism and Travel
- New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism Level 5
- IATA Foundation Diploma
- ITC Amadeus Reservations Certificate
Course Start Dates:
Auckland City Campus
- 23 March 2020
- 3 August 2020
South Auckland Campus
- 24 February 2020*
Time to Complete:
- 2 Years
- Domestic: n/a
- International: $28,500 (entire fee for two years), payment option available: year one - $15,850, year two - $12,650