The best way to spend the school holidaysPosted on 29/04/2021 by Hayley Clark
With the Easter school holidays coming to a close for another year, ITC is celebrating another successful round of ITC short courses for high school students.
Our ITC Schools team provides high schools and high school students around New Zealand with the chance to both sample our fantastic learning environment, and to earn NCEA credits during fun, engaging, and educational short courses.
We ran a number of short courses over these school holidays, and we couldn’t be more pleased with how they went!
ITC short courses in schools these school holidays
We have seen 110 students over the past two weeks across our courses in Auckland and Christchurch. They each had an amazing experience where they took away NCEA credits to help them with their school year.
These are the short courses we had on offer in just the past two weeks:
- Travel: A level-three, three-day short course on essential communication skills within work environments and between cultures.
- Tourism: A level-three, two-day short course that included a number of site visits to learn about local tourism and the importance of good staff.
- Flight attending: A level-three, two-day short course where students learn about the role and reality of a Cabin Crew Member. They complete tasks a flight attendant must complete, and use real on-board equipment.
- Communication & marketing: A level-three, four-day short course offering a full 11 NCEA credits where students learn about effective communication, marketing and how to research industry leaders.
- Adventure: A level-three, two-day short course that’s hands on and filled with activity, where students meet working professionals, participate in an adrenaline-filled activity and learn about the responsibilities of these roles.
These fantastic courses saw students working in our Airport Training Centre on site, visiting SkyCity Grand Hotel, exploring the WETA Workshop, and even checking out AJ Hackett in Auckland.
Interested in taking a short course with ITC?
Our Schools Team and selection of fun and practical short courses are popular amongst students and teachers alike.
Here’s just some of the most recent feedback from these courses:
- “It was a great fun course and I learnt lots “
- “It was really inspiring to me I love it “
- “Was an awesome experience and as made me more interested in studying tourism.”
- “It’s was a good experience learnt a lot in the 3 days while we were here “
- “Loved it ! Very friendly and helpful! Grateful to have been a part of this course “
- “Was good our tutor Daniel explained everything in a way where I would understand the work properly and went through the assessments well because of the way he explained it “
- “For the past three days that I attended the travel short course I learnt & explored new things about other cultures and a few about my own culture. Daniel who was our teacher was lovely and has a smile that makes you feel welcomed when you walk into the room.”
- “It was really valuable and I will take so much from what I learnt during the short course into my work placement “
- “Lots of insight into the tourism work force”
- “It was fun, exciting and educational”
- “It was really amazing experience and was a great opportunity to get in and experience things in the tourism industry “
- “It was extremely professional and fun at the same time “
- “Sarah was a great teacher, I have understood the basics of customer service.”
- “I had fun! I got to learn more things about the tourism industry itself as I want to continue studying about it after I graduate. “
- “It was an amazing experience I loved it!! I learnt so much 😊”
- “Daniel & Sarah are amazing. I hope I’m as good as them when I grow up!”
As well as our recent shining feedback from schools around the country, and our status as a preferred provider for short courses, we know we offer an excellent service in New Zealand education.
Not all courses meet the requirements of a school, so we frequently create specialised courses and even deliver a number of these in the school. If you’re a year 12 or 13 student looking to get involved in courses during term two, or a school careers advisor or teacher who thinks that ITC short courses could be a great fit for your school, don’t hesitate to get in touch and find out more.
email@example.com 0800 TOURISM (0800 868747) or https://www.itc.co.nz/contact-us/Posted in In Schools, News | Tagged ITC for high schools, ITC in Schools, ITC short courses, School holidays, Travel Training | Leave a reply