NZ Tourism: ITC Industry Expo looks to the futurePosted on 22/09/2020 by Jess O'Connor
ITC is hosting two Industry Expos next month, giving students a chance to hear from tourism employers and how they are adapting to the novel coronavirus, Covid-19.
The expos are called “Planning For The Future” and will feature a panel of some of the industry’s top employers.
Thursday 15 October at South Auckland Campus
Thursday 29 October at Auckland Central Campus
Auckland Tourism, Events, and Economic Development (ATEED)
Plus one more exciting supplier to be confirmed soon!
Industry Expos give ITC students and graduates the chance to hear directly from employers and ask questions.
In a year like 2020, being able to speak directly to employers is a huge advantage – rather than relying on news reports or speculation.
“Those attending this year’s Industry Expo will have the chance to hear how employers are adjusting to changes brought about by Covid-19, the processes they have in place for the future, and what they will be looking for in new recruits,” says ITC Employment Consultant Nicky McCutcheon.
And that’s just the start of the benefits. Other benefits of attending an expo include:
- You’ll get to learn about different sectors within the industry, including some you may not have considered due to lack of knowledge or understanding about what these companies do.
- The Expo will open your mind to what’s out there in travel and tourism, and the journey you may need to take to get your dream job.
- There is dedicated time to ask questions that you might not otherwise get the opportunity to ask.
- It’s a great way to understand the changes and challenges the industry goes through with unforeseen situations, such as Covid-19, and how the industry is ever-changing to adapt to new hurdles.
- You may also get the chance to introduce yourself and make an exceptional first impression.
The Industry Expo is open to ITC students and graduates – but it’s not too late to enrol!
To attend the Industry Expo, you’ll need to be enrolled at ITC, ITC Study From Home, or a graduate.
The good news is, it’s not too late to enrol in our September intake for the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a Strand in Tourism and Travel Level 3.
Get in touch today to secure your spot!
For current students and alumni, Nicky has some great tips for getting the most out of the Expo on the day.
“I’d suggest doing some research before the event, to familiarise yourself with the employers attending. It’s also important to come prepared – pack everything you need for the day to take notes, have copies of your up-to-date CV, and remember to represent yourself well,” says Nicky.
“First impressions count, so treat this experience like your first interview. Also, show interest and listen as you may pick up some really helpful tips and advice. And finally, enjoy the day and make the most of it!”
Want to learn more about studying at ITC? Get in touch today to book a campus tour or virtual meeting.Posted in News, Student success, Study inspiration | Leave a reply