International Travel College

Stay up to date

Check out the ITC Blog
Follow us on:

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 127 other subscribers

Like ITC on Facebook

It’s been a fantastic break – but now what? How does an international exchange sound?

Posted on 21/01/2021 by

The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs gives students an opportunity to enjoy an international exchange.

Christmas, New Year’s, and the start of the summer have been the break that we all desperately needed. A time to simply relax, let the stresses of the year slip away, and give ourselves a break from overthinking what comes next.

Now that we’re all feeling a little more refreshed and invigorated, we can finally tackle the question of what happens next!

Following on from our recent Gap Year at ITC post, we think taking an international exchange could be a great option!

Take an international exchange with ITC

 ITC works with The Broadmoor, a five-star resort in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This resort has a fantastic international exchange program that offers internships, cultural experiences, and training opportunities for keen leaners all over the world.

Students can head over for anywhere from four months to a full year and spend time working and training in a stunning, world-renowned resort where they can hone their skills, learn new things, and meet an array of like-minded people from all over the world.

ITC fully supports students entering this program, and we love the international working holiday opportunities they provide to our graduates.

How do I get accepted for an exchange at The Broadmoor?

The Broadmoor is always on the lookout for young individuals trying to get into the travel and tourism industry.

To be accepted, you must be aged 18 years or older and hold a New Zealand or Australian passport.

Importantly, you must also either be currently enrolled in full-time study at a recognised tertiary level, or be a recent graduate from a recognised provider after studying for at least 12 months (or two full-time semesters). If you’re applying while currently studying full-time, you must have finished your 12 months of study before you depart. Simply study our level 3 & 4 certificates to be eligible.

What about the pandemic?

International travel is obviously off the cards for most, however the J1 visa (the visa required to do this kind of international exchange) has recently been brought back in, allowing one option for students keen to get overseas.

Also, with the vaccine roll-out already underway overseas and soon to be available in New Zealand, the pandemic will hopefully be much less of an issue by the time current students graduate at the end of 2021.

That said, International Working Holidays do cover covid-19 on their insurance, and are currently working with the New Zealand government to waive quarantine costs. However at this time, students must expect to pay for their quarantine upon return until further notice.

If you’re looking to apply at the end of your studies with ITC, be sure to let us know so we can help you through the process, offer advice, and endorse you for the best chance at landing a spot in this prestigious program.

Get in touch now to begin your studies at ITC this year and perhaps even start looking forward to an international exchange next year!

Campus Study – 0800 TOURISM (0800 868747) or

Posted in News, Study inspiration | Tagged , , , | Leave a reply

Leave a Reply