IATA Foundation Diploma in Travel and Tourism
This globally recognised qualification is highly valued by airlines, travel agents & tour operators worldwide and could be just what you need to land your dream job.
The International Travel College of New Zealand has been teaching the IATA Foundation Diploma in Travel & Tourism program for over 15 years. Our students have excellent exam success and multiple ITC students have also achieved the highest exam marks in NZ!
Once complete, you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements
- Calculate international airfares
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use a Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations, as well as issue travel documents
The course cost of $2,600 NZD includes 7 weeks of specialised teaching by expert tutors, online resources, text books and exam fees. Class hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 4.00 pm and the exam will be held in the week after classes finish.
Upon successfully passing the exam, your qualification will be issued by the International Air Transport Authority (IATA) and sent from their offices in Montreal, Canada to New Zealand.
Please note, NZ student loans (from Studylink), student allowances and ‘Fees Free’ are not available on this program, as it is an international qualification.
Overseas enrolments (international students) may study on this course if they hold a valid visa to be in NZ for the duration of the course (such as a Visitor or Work visa). A specific student visa for ITC is not required for this program due to the short duration of the course.
- IATA Foundation Diploma in Travel & Tourism
Course Start Dates:
Auckland City Campus
- 1 Feb 2021 - the enrolment and payment deadline is 7 Dec 2020.
Time to Complete:
- 7 weeks - a 4-hour exam will be held the following week
- Domestic: $2,600
- International: $2,600