2 Year Business In Tourism Diploma
Specifically designed for those wanting to enter into the tourism industry with both practical and management skills, making them highly valued by employers. The two-year Business In Tourism Diploma provides an outstanding suite of qualifications, most of which are well-recognised throughout the world.
The first year covers the practical skills required by the industry, with vocational training including a high level of practical activities, such as roleplays and industry visits, to best prepare you for the workforce. There is also a full programme of field visits and guest speakers.
Throughout the course you will learn all about the New Zealand & global tourism industry, including essential destinational geography – you’ll be an expert in no time! Along with specific industry skills-based training, you will learn about customer service, cross-cultural communication, travel requirements & documentation.
The second year of the program becomes more theory based and focuses on sustainable tourism and management topics such as human resources, marketing, planning, research, finance, legislation and communications.
Throughout this two-year Diploma there is the opportunity to experience the NZ tourism industry ‘first hand’ on two 3-day familiarsation trips
At the end of the course, graduates will be fully prepared to enter the tourism industry with both practical and management skills, making them highly valued by employers.
Students may wish to continue their studies by pursuing a Level 6 Diploma or Bachelor Degree qualification with another education provider.
- Have achieved NCEA level 2 and/or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
- Don’t worry if you’ve finished secondary education, having some previous work experience will still be a valuable contribution so reach out to our friendly team today to find out more.
This 2 year program includes the below qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Tourism and Travel Level 3
- The New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel Level 5
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The Study From Home team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard
- Notebook/paper and pens
The following textbooks (new or 2nd hand):
- Writing guidelines for Business Students (5th Ed) – Emerson; Cengage Learning
- The Principles of Tourism (8th Ed) – Collier
- Tourism A Modern Synthesis (4th Ed) – Page & Connell
This program is offered in full at our campuses in Auckland City and South Auckland or via our Study From Home option.
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
- ITC 2 Year Business In Tourism Diploma
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism Level 3 - with a strand in Tourism and Travel
- New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism Level 5
- ITC Amadeus Reservations Certificate
- ITC Cabin Crew Online Certificate
Course Start Dates:
Auckland City Campus
- 12 July 2021
South Auckland Campus
- 12 July 2021
Time to Complete:
- Domestic: $22,679*
- International: $28,500 (entire fee for two years), payment option available: year one - $15,850, year two - $12,650
Note: *First Year Fees FREE*